Friday, April 16, 2010

Iran VS United States

Following a debate on Facebook a “friend” ended our ‘friendship’ all of a sudden because I argued against him when he said it would be a good idea to nuke Iran since they apparently support terrorists.

The point I made was that the US is a much worse terrorist state in comparison with Iran looking at statistics and then I tried to explain why I put forward this controversial opinion.

He saw me as a friend of the dictatorship in Iran and apparently he detests ‘libertarians’ although claiming to be an objectivist and a lover of Ayn Rand. He’s also a member of the supposed libertarian party of Sweden and claims to be an advocate of capitalism and freedom…

I’ve been thinking to become a member and at least be a silent partner of the mentioned party, but with members like this guy..?

Anyway, to explain my view.

I never said USA was a totalitarian society. However America is certainly not a free country, not even close. And given time and the current path the country is on I would say it is only a matter of time before the US ends up on the same ballpark as Iran.

And then comes to the statistics. You don’t need WikiLeaks videos or watch how private contractors shoot at innocent civilians, you don’t need to read about how they have slaughtered entire families and tried to cover it up, you don’t need to discuss drones murdering thousands of fleeing refugees or even discuss the “reasons” to go to war and kill about a million Muslims in the first place. All you need to do is the check the overall picture and the facts.

How many wars have Iran started lately? How many innocent civilians have died because of Iran? Who is causing millions of refugees and destroying homes by the thousands, USA or Iran? How many countries does Iran have troops in and how many countries are they occupying? How many hundreds of civilians from countries across the globe have Iran kidnapped and tortured without any due process as of late?

I could go on for a long time; the picture is however very clear and only idiots refuse to see it.

United States of America isn’t a free country and the crimes against humanity its administrations have been and are committing do by far exceed that of Iran.

This isn’t in any way a defense of the Iranian priesthood or the dictatorship of fanatics dwelling in that stupidity of a country. I would also like to point out that America is still a good place filled with good people, and given the choice of which country to support, move to or in any other way stand behind I would chose US over Iran everyday of the week. This however isn’t the point and not the discussion.

Would Ayn Rand have supported the US committing warcrimes, the occupation of several countries and throwing trillions of dollars at the military when the US economy is defaulting? Would she have been sympathetic towards rebuilding poppy fields and handing them over to warlords? If given the chance, would the lady have thought it was a good idea to blow up families and destroy entire villages with very questionable motives?

I think most of us that actually like her writings and ideas can figure out the answer.

And how much pro-capitalism is it to not acknowledge banksters trickery, weapon cartel’s cons and US administrations shadowy reasons for both the wars and the nationalization of the economy?

Thankfully I hadn’t yet paid my contribution to the supposed Libertarian Party of Sweden. Not that I mind a difference of opinion. I hate religions, I like the royal family and to a certain extent I support the pro-life movement. Things many libertarians don’t agree with me on.

The basics for any libertarian stand is however the same all throughout the world, and for the love of Beelzebub I cannot figure out why someone writing, in honest, that nuking Iran is a good thing while refusing to see US faults has anything whatsoever to do with libertarianism.

I told him he was twelve when refusing to discuss the subject, but what he really should be checking is his views and see if he really understands Ayn Rand teachings and can claim to be a libertarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment