Friday, April 17, 2009

The only thing they know how to do...

The only thing government has at their arsenal is force. That’s the only thing keeping us from rebellion, the only thing keeping us from saying “no”. But it is a powerful force, a tool often used and even more often imposed as a way of keeping us away. How many people, how many companies, how many of us are there really that would stand up against the musket? The flame that comes from the rifle and the power that comes with the bullet and the strength that hangs over the very fabric of politics isn’t something to take lightly. I admit, I’m too much of a coward to stand up for what I really believe in. I am. A coward. That’s not easy to say or write. I know they would hurt me, jail me and maybe even kill me and I’m not going to waste my life. That’s the way of the government, any of them. They do not know any other way. Anyone that ever tried has faced the same consequence.

I’m not saying that the state is always wrong; I’m saying that the state shouldn’t have this power in their hand without very strong restrictions. Or to phrase a movie:

“The people shouldn’t fear the government; the government should fear the people.”



What we all should be saying;

No comments:

Post a Comment