Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why you should pray to Sophie Zelmani

I’m an equal opportunist when it comes to idiocy and consequently I don’t care which religion you belong to. Anyone who believes in a magical creature/s that no one has even seen or heard from cannot be called anything else but an Idiot. Not one single of all de God’s that humans have ever believed in has ever been proven as an existing entity. And I don’t only mean that none of them has ever shown up in a toga mumbling some hocus pocus, I mean in any form or way. There is not a shred of evidence, not a single fact and not one inkling of proof for the existence of a supreme being. And prayers are equally met whether or not you pray to Allah or your table lamp. And if you really believe in some spooky father figure or some God’s sitting on a mountain, how come they are so inapt that they have created this horrible place? For the fun of it? Actually this is the only thing that might suggest a higher force, that he/she/it/them have a sense of humor. I mean, come on, what else can explain all the things that goes on down at this blue little rock in space?

So here is what I come up with. If it doesn’t matter who or what you pray to - the end result is the same –so why not pray to something real? If you are going down on your knees or visit some temple, why not worship that that actually can be seen, heard, felt and hopefully; touched? In my case it’s a woman, a very attractive woman whom writes and sings songs like a Goddess and never yield to pressure to write more popular songs. A female musician that doesn’t like to be in the limelight. The one I’m talking about is Sophie Zelmani. This girl is still the only artist that makes me buy records, everything else I either download or get from radio. Every year she sells hundred thousand’s off records and she is still much unknown. So when I go to bed at night listening to her fantastic voice I feel a bit closer to heaven and that is what religion should be. I don’t pray to Sophie, but she is in my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment