Saturday, February 6, 2010

The gay within awaken

Tonight is one of many nights of Swedish try-outs to the Eurovision Song Contest. In several semi-finals a bunch of songs will be elected to go through to the Swedish final whereas a winner will be proclaimed and then sent to the European final.

I love this crap!

I truly do. And it not just the glamour, glitter and bad singing that does it, it is also one of those times you can go all out and be really, really gay.

I’m generally a pretty manly guy. Been in plenty of bar-fights, I love vodka, have lots of chest-hair and have slept more women than I can count. I love the outdoors; guns and any decent engine roaring make me hard. But as any self-respecting man I can also appreciate a finger up my rectum as well as Eurovision.

Well, you don’t haft to be gay or know a lot of gay folks to love Eurovision, but it helps.

Besides, many of the best songs ever heard have been a part of this magnificent spectacle.

This is one of those:

At the Swedish tryouts to the Eurovision song contest 1995 this song happened to end up at 2nd place. My disillusion with the human race might actually have been confirmed and strengthen that night, why didn’t it win!?

Cecilia is singing about the most beautiful moment; with the one you love beside you, waking up a morning with the fog going away and a new day arriving. Listen and enjoy to pictures from Sweden. I will now start to prepare for this year’s tryouts by doing what I do best; drinking a lot of vodka.

The song is called: “Det vackraste” which means = the most beautiful



Lyrics translated from Swedish

The most beautiful thing I know
Is to watch you when you're sleeping
It's quiet and peaceful here
And I forget both space and time

You're lying here beside me
And can I feel you, breathing
To be loved by you
Is the most beautiful thing for me

How fairytale-like it is
To see the morning mist rise
When darkness slowly flees
And see the break of day
A cool morning breeze
Slowly sweeps through the room
I cuddle close to you
Happy that you exist

Moments of silence
A moment of quiet once in a while
Moments of happiness
To simply have each other
It is a great wealth
To love and be loved
The gentleness of our love
Is the most beautiful thing I know

The most beautiful thing there is
Is to be close to someone
When the moon is shining brightly
Over forests and fields, so wonderful

You're lying here beside me
And can I feel you, breathing
To be loved by you
Is the most beautiful thing for me
Moments of silence
A moment of quiet once in a while
Moments of happiness
To simply have each other

It is a great wealth
To love and be loved
The gentleness of our love
Is the most beautiful thing I know

You're lying here beside me
And can I feel you, breathing
To be loved by you
Is the most beautiful thing for me


No comments:

Post a Comment