Saturday, March 20, 2010

Phone sales UK-style



Normally I don’t pick up my phone when some unknown number is calling, but since I’m currently looking for a new job It is hard not to.

For some reason very persistent sales people have picked up on my new answer-all policy. Based in Dubai representing some government plot to hide debt or some such shit, they keep calling me. And these are not the average pushy types, no, these are much worse.

Let me give you a couple of examples from earlier today.

First call:

*Born free* is heard from my cell and I answer:

- Hi, this is XXX xxx speaking

- Yes, may I speak with Mr. Xxxxx please.

- That’s me

- I am calling from bladibladi blabla and wondering if you be interested in…

- No! I can stop you right there, I don’t want any…

- … a UK special for…

- I said no, I’m not interested. Stop wasting yours and my time.

-… and you can get a free…

- Did you hear me? Stop talking!

-Do you have a debt Mr XXxxx?

- uhm?

- We can offer you a good deal on any UK debt so if you…

- I don’t have any and I’m hanging up now

-… only would like to collect any of your…

*click*


Call 2 one hour later:

*Born free* is heard from my cell and I answer:

- Hi, this is XXX xxx speaking

- Yes, may I speak with Mr. Xxxxx please.

- That’s me


- I am calling from bladibladi blabla and wondering if you be interested in…

- No, sorry, I don’t want any, I’m not interested.

-… a UK special for…

- Another idiots just called about the same thing. Delete my number and get nuked!

-… and you can get a free…

*click*

This was the fifth call in two days. There should be some kind of UK anti-phone list or something I can put myself on. I know such things exists in most other countries. Any pointers? Anyone?


Furthermore, I think Beatrice Ask must resign.

No comments:

Post a Comment