Saturday, February 7, 2009

Melodifestivalen I

The first competition in the Swedish European song contest were on TV today. This contest is a strange thing for me. Mostly it’s really bad TV with horrible hosts and not that great singing. It is also regarded as a gay event which no macho man would admits to be watching. And, worse of all, it’s on the public TV channel that normally do nothing else but solute communism. Still, I most come clean and say I love it. It is kind of the mother of all shows were people compete with songs just like American Idol and things like that, but it’s with pretty recognized singers and writers. There were a couple of years when I, in protest, did not watch it. Since Cecilia Vennersten did not win 1995. Still one of the worst atrocities of all time in Sweden, if you want my opinion. But I cannot keep away from this glamour filled show. A couple of beers, a pizza and European song contest and it do not get much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment