Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mama said knock you out!

“I was absolutely furious with him. All that was going through my head was to knock him [Gorgon Brownie] out.”

Those are the words of Britain's highest decorated serving soldier and winner of the Victoria Cross, Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry.

L/Cpl Beharry said that Mr Brown had not looked him or any other servicemen in the eye at a reception in Downing Street in November 2008.

To be fair, the one-eyed Scotsman hardly looks anyone in the straight in the face. He might throw a phone at you if he acknowledges your presence, but that’s pretty much it.

Then in Westminster Abbey during the Remembrance Day service last November he said the Prime Minister was “fidgeting and moving” during the two minute silence.
“I've got head and back injuries that put me back in hospital in a lot of pain quite regularly, so if I could do it there's no reason he couldn't," he said. "It was very rude.


Again I need to come to the Prime Mentalists rescue a bit. We’ve all heard the stories about drugs and certain ailments. Even though far from being confirmed by Downing Street, maybe, just maybe those ailments do cause a certain wobble?

“When he offered his hand to me I just turned around and walked away. I wanted him to think about his actions and it worked.”

A very nice and British way of smacking someone in the face I would say.

I once loudly called Sweden’s current Labor Minister a Fascist during a dinner party, this when I was a member of the same party and that was a very restraint and nice way of putting it. A body slam with the flying elbow as a follow-up would have been more appropriate.

The Gorgon is a much worse thug, so Lance Corporal Johnson Beharry must truly be a real gentleman and, depending on how you look at it, a good example of the British armed forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment